The Art of Balance and Strength
With body, mind, and spirit functioning perfectly as a coordinated whole, what else could reasonably be expected other than an active, alert, disciplined person.
Our Pilates Reformer Program features private, semi-private (duets) and small group classes (four participants) in both a private studio.
Sign up in February for 15% off our Pilates Reformer packages.
The Pilates Method was developed over 80 years ago by German immigrants, Joseph H. Pilates and his wife Clara. This exercise method is well known for strengthening the deep, core muscles of the abdomen, back and pelvis. Pilates focuses on many muscle groups at the same time, rather than one isolated group as in traditional strength-training. A workout with Pilates equipment uses variable spring-loaded resistance–instead of weights–to lend support, resistance, and precision for the body in motion.
A Pilates Mat class uses one’s own body weight to create the required resistance.
The Pilates Method teaches you how to keep your body tuned and energized to meet the demands of everyday life, work, pleasure and sport. It is based on the following ideas:
Whole Body Health – The ongoing benefit of a healthy lifestyle; balancing physical fitness, diet, fresh air, sleep, work, play, and positive attitude.
Physical & Mental Discipline – The mind-body connection during exercise always leads to a deeply gratifying sense of well-being after exercise.
Proper Breathing – Circulates oxygen throughout the body, calms and focuses the mind.
Some of the benefits of Pilates training include:
- Increased strength, flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Improved postural problems
- Refined sports performance
- Quicker injury recovery, plus injury prevention
- Enhances functional fitness, ease of everyday movement
- Improved focus and concentration
- Heightens body awareness
- Non impact – easy on joints
In Forma offers Pilates mat classes as part of our fitness center membership. See schedule.
Reformer classes, for both individuals and groups, are available throughout the week with Terra Khemiri.
Fees for Pilates Reformer and mat classes are available here.
Fitness Center Hours
Weekdays 6am to 9pm
Weekends 7am to 5pm
Classes daily. Check the schedule to find just the right one for you.
23A Orinda Way
Orinda, CA 94563
Ample free parking in the rear.
- 7:30 am - Vinyasa Yoga I-II*
- 8:30 am - Cardio Pump
- 9:30 am - Vinyasa Yoga I-II*
- 10:00 am - TRX
- 5:00 pm - Functional Fitness
- 6:00 pm - Cardio Blitz
In Forma Services
- Fitness Center with a full line of Strength and Cardio Equipment
- Yoga, Pilates and Fitness Studio
- Barre and TRX Classes
- Extensive Fitness & Cardio Program
- Full Yoga Program
- Amazing Personal Training Staff
- Pilates Program on Mat & Reformer
- Nutritional Consulting
- Parkinson's Exercise Therapy Group
- Workshops & Specialty Classes
- Yoga/Fitness Props and More